This is almost a redux of last years’ “10 reasons to attend PRFM Lorain Spring show” post, however…
A few things have changed since last year; for one, we are no longer doing shows in Downtown Lorain, but the reason behind that is great. We’ve grown so much that we cannot find a building to contain all of our awesome and amazing vendors!
We are still rooted in our hearts to Downtown Lorain but found an awesome new location, which brings me to #1 on our list on why you should attend our Second Annual Spring Show, Make America Skate Again…
- More room! – We’ve moved our shows to Lorain County Community College, in the field house, which has tons of room for us to expand as we grow! LCCC is easily accessible by I-90 and is about a 30-minute drive from Cleveland or Sandusky, with tons of parking. LCCC is the perfect location for PRFM Lorain!
- Over 60 vendors with unique and awesome merchandise you won’t easily find in stores! – Most of the vendors at PRFM Lorain are independent artisans who handcraft original items like clothing, jewelry, bath and body products, decor, and much more. The rest of our vendors stock quality collectibles, toys, vintage items, comic books, action figures, and other items you won’t find readily available in big box stores!
- Tattoos! – That’s right, our friends at American Outlaw Tattoo in Amherst are back again to sling some ink! Feed your addiction, or start a new one with Rob and the gang!
- NEO Comic Con³ – Come visit our Vendor Sponsors, NEO Comic Con³ at their tables and get info on how you can be a part of the coolest independent Comic Con in Ohio that happens on Saturday, August 20 in North Olmsted! I’m sure they’ll have all kinds of awesomeness with them for you! Some of the vendors at our show, as well as some of our PRFM Lorain team, will be at this con! You don’t want to miss it!
- Meet new and interesting people from all over the Northeast Ohio area – Feel the need to meet some different, interesting, and like-minded people? PRFM Lorain is the place to be! Perhaps your new best friend will be someone walking around or even one of the vendors at PRFM Lorain. It’s also a great place to finally meet up with Facebook friends you haven’t met in person yet! 😉
- #ShopLocal and support local artisans and indie businesses – Attending PRFM Lorain keeps your hard-earned money where it belongs – in the community, and away from corporate greed! You’ll be helping crafters, artisans, and indie businesses fuel their dreams and create more items for the public. Who wants cheap, plastic and mass-produced crap from China? Not us!
- Give back to the community while helping out NAMI Greater Cleveland – Not only are you keeping money flowing in the community by shopping at PRFM Lorain, but you’re also giving back by attending! A portion of door profits are going to help NAMI Greater Cleveland! Take a few minutes to check them out and see what they are all about!
- Eat some great food at our NOSH PIT – This time around, we have not just one but TWO food trucks for you to get your grub on. Come hungry or work up an appetite and get some delicious food from Flamingo Jacks and SMASH The World’s Greatest Food Truck!
- SWAG BAGS! – Those wonderful swag bags people line up for, except this time around the first 100 adults through the door get a FREE PRFM Lorain Swag Bag filled with coupons, buttons, stickers, goodies and info from vendors and businesses around Northeast Ohio!
- Cupcakes! – Our friend and amazing confectionary vendor Elizabeth with Darkside Desserts is giving out free mini cupcakes to those same first 100 people through the door in honor of her birthday! YUM!
BONUS REASON!! Don’t forget to attend our PRE-SHOW party the night before, hosted by our friends at Blank Slate Elyria on Friday, April 28 doors open at 7 pm – show starts at 8 pm! Blank Slate Elyria gives a safe place for ALL AGES to come and enjoy all original music, plus art and other great community events!
Be sure to make it out on Saturday, April 29 from noon til 6 pm and get your punk rock shopping experience on!
There’s something for EVERYONE at Punk Rock Flea Market Lorain!
Laura Bock, an old-school punk/goth hybrid, is a writer and photographer from Lorain, Ohio. A self-proclaimed Jane of all trades, Laura is a recovering 80’s hairspray addict and prefers her Doc Martens and combat boots over a pair of heels any day. In addition to her blog, Laura’s writing can also be seen on The Tattooed Buddha, Elephant Journal, Rebelle Society, Be You Media Group, and Pucker Mob. She was also a featured writer with the now defunct webzines, Indie Chicks and Skirt Collective.